Online Horticulture Stakeholders Meet
An online horticulture stakeholders meet was organized on 22nd July 2020 under the Chairmanship of Shri. Anoop Khinchi, IAS, Deputy Commissioner, Dimapur, Nagaland. Dr. B N S Murthy, Horticulture Commissioner, DAC&FW attended the programme as Special Guest.
The agenda for the meeting are given below;
- Inter-state marketing/transportation issues.
- Inter-district transport of pineapple.
- Facilitation in sending pineapples through railways/roadways/special purpose vehicles to Delhi and other cities.
- Any other with the permission of the chair.
The meet was organized to facilitate and provide logistic assistance to the pineapple growers in marketing their produce during the lockdown period. Due to the lockdown measures, the farmers were facing problem for delivery of pineapples to neighboring states and other buyers.
The Chairman assured his full support in helping the pineapple growers under Dimapur district.
The meeting was attended by FPC members, Village Chairman, Pineapple Growers, Entrepreneurs and officials of CIH, Nagaland.
- Vehicle passes were issued by DC Office, Dimapur for 18 vehicles (tata mobile/pickup/tata sumo) for two days (28th & 29th July 2020) during total lockdown in Dimapur district.
- As conveyed by CEO Molsang, more than 10 MT of pineapples were sold in these two days during total lockdown.