Annual Report: 2009-10
Central Institute of Horticulture (CIH) was established in the year 2006 for holistic development of horticulture in North east region. The institute is located at Medziphema, Nagaland about 35 km from Dimapur, Dimapur-Kohima Road. The institute is spread over an area of 43.50 ha.
The main thrust areas for the institute are refinement/demonstration of identified technologies specific for the region; production and supply of quality seed and planting material of improved/high yielding varieties, and training of State department officials and field functionaries on different aspects of horticulture development including post-harvest management, processing and value addition.
- Training of trainers and farmers/beneficiaries
- Demonstration of improved technologies
- Follow-on extension support in the field of horticulture.
- Promotion of organic cultivation of horticulture crops.
- Establishing convergence and synergy among programmes in the field of horticulture
- Monitoring of Centrally sponsored programmes in the areas of horticulture
To download full report Click Here